Today tally has become very useful in business, almost everyone knows about tally and its importance in business. Now Tally has also launched tally Pos software which helps to streamline the retail operations.
First, let’s understand about POS and its use in business
Point of Sale (POS) is the time and place wherever a retail dealing is completed. And at the sales point, the merchandiser calculates the amount owed by the client, indicates that amount, may prepare an invoice for the customer, and indicates the choices for the customer to make payment.
POS is the place at which a customer makes a payment to the merchant in exchange for goods or after the provision of a service. After the payment received by the customer, the merchant may issue a receipt of the transaction.
Need of POS in Business
Nowadays businesses are rapidly adopting POS Systems; one of the most important reasons is that a POS System does away with the need for price tags. The sale price here is directly linked to the product code of an item when adding stock, so that the cashier just need to scan this code to process a sale.
Now let’s focus on the benefits of Tally POS Software
- Update Product information: The system automatically updates inventory and account receivable records whenever the sale is entered in Tally POS System.
- Encryption & Decryption: In retail ventures, it becomes important to keep tight control over cash receipts to prevent theft. And to provide audit trial so that we can trace any problems
- Sales information entry: Tally allows you to enter inventory code either manually or automatically via a bar-code scanner. Once the inventory code entered the system call up the standard or sales price, compute the price at multiple quantities and provide a running total.
- Invoicing: In retail ventures, it becomes important to keep tight control over cash receipts to prevent theft. And to provide audit trial so that we can trace any problems.
- Cash and Credit/debit card transactions: The tally POS Software eases cash and credit/debit card transactions and allows multiple modes of payments for a single invoice.
- Tendering exchange amount: The POS software from Tally helps to track balances to be returned to buyers from the money tendered.
- Re-ordering and stock level maintenance: Provides access to inventory levels and provides the option of quickly matching inventory with floor counts.
- Increment in profit-levels: It has a supporting hand in improved productivity and thereby revenue due to faster, reliable and speedy process of sale points